Thursday, March 29, 2007

Taking care of pets


A friend of mine has a pet snake and assorted creatures like an iguana. He has an amazing picture of a large snake, a python I think coiled around his neck.

Another friend grew up with a lot of cats. The fur they left around the house sticks in his childhood memories. Later he moved to another household with 5 dogs who kept barking all day. Much later in life, after constructing his own place, he ruled that no pets are allowed in his new abode.

Another friend took care of the family dog. He would walk the dog in the evenings to poo and one night, the dog knocked his glasses off in some park. He searched for his glasses in the dark while the dog licked his face. Later he said that he caught a big fly while studying in the university and stuck a pin in it then left it atop his desk. I don't know if both incidents are related.

For me, I remember I had a turtle when I was a kid. I kicked the turtle down the stairs and it bled and later died. Many years later, I still regret doing that to the turtle. We also had a dog or two who later died of old age. The dogs were helpful in keeping the burglars away during the night.

No comments: