Tuesday, April 5, 2011

How to Bill Others



A doctor and a lawyer were talking at a party.

Their conversation was constantly interrupted by people describing their
ailments and asking the doctor for free medical advice.

After an hour of this, the exasperated doctor asked the lawyer, "What do you
do to stop people from asking you for legal advice when you're out of the
office?"

"I give it to them," replied the lawyer, "and then I send them a bill."

The doctor was shocked, but agreed to give it a try.

The next day, still feeling slightly guilty, the doctor prepared the bills.

When he went to place them in his mailbox, he found a bill from the lawyer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------




For those who are abroad, would you ever go back to the Philippines?

I'll go back to the Philippines to work if I'll get the same amount of earnings I have in the US.

Definitely. Its already in the cards. Going back home in 7 years. Build a house and try to find part time work or even volunteer work. We have to give up a lot of course, but the heart longs for home.

Its not just about the money or even quality of life, but if one could measure happiness as they do in Bhutan, Philippines would rate quite high. While some may earn more in dollars, euros or pounds, my contemporaries who never left the Philippines are not less off considerably materially, but are definitely way up there in GNH more than GDP.

So to those of us outside, I would say: Work hard. Save money. Invest and spend back home. Come back and help build a better country for future generations.

I want to spend my retirement age in the Philippines, not anywhere else.

There is no place like our native Philippines... yes, I will go back and retire

No comments: